A selection of what some of our participants had to say about the conference and workshops:
- EN Iskander Smit — The ingredients for a Design by Fire (info.nl)
[…] the Design by Fire conference showed a great mix of topics that count now in our design field. With a important role for the power of big data as design material, and the starting point of big design for context. And with a clear message to us all: don't forget your responsibilty as designer for shaping meaning.
- EN Niina Talikka — Design by Fire 2011 (Meld Studios)
The conference was inspiring — from the detail in the design of the program booklet showing a progress bar at the footer of the pages, to the unique 750 year old Geertekerk church venue, and from the enthusiasm, knowledge, and friendliness of the speakers, to the singing-troupe flash mob closing the conference.
- NL Bas Evers — Design by Fire 2011: Een impressie (DdUX)
- NL Jurgen van Kralingen — Design by Fire 2011 (Frank-ly)
- NL Django Blok — Design by Fire 2011 (UserTopia)
- NL Evert Hilhorst — Designing Across Devices (Freshheads)
The official Design by Fire 2011 conference and workshop pictures are up on our Flickr page.
Slides for some of the presentations are available for viewing or download here:
- Charlie Mulholland — Tackling Complexity Through Collaborative Games (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Eric Reiss — Thinking about the Future of Interaction Design (PDF, 240 kB)
- Jordi Parra — The Things We Used to Touch (on Speaker Deck)
- Matthew Sheret — The Data Will Improve Rockets (PDF, 2.8 MB)
We'll add the presenters' slide decks if and when they become available.
Download this year's program booklet (PDF, 600 kB).